Monday, March 30, 2009

BoInk Week Three

Feel like I've had a much better week, but then again the proof is in the stitch :D.

So after three weeks of being very good and posting one once a week like I promised the Leprechauns, I will miss next week and more likely the week after. The chances I have of stitching in the next two weeks are so small they are not even worth mentioning.

Work, life and a major show schedule... Anyone want to wash, clip and trim 15 dairy goats?
Progress so far

Close up. The square to the left was too blurred.

Meanwhile Happy Easter

Monday, March 23, 2009

BoInk Week Two

Week two of BoInk, I don't feel as if I got as much done this week, it was one of those weeks. So here's hoping this week will be better...

Progress so far
Close up of the top whole knot

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BoInk Week One

Wow two days in a row, but this will be a one off... Happy St Patrick's Day

OK blogging, I have started Tracy's Ink Circles BoInk, which was a SAL for last year, with the last part released in Feb 2009. So having only picked up a needle and thread on and off for the last 18 months nothing big, just little projects, with no real 'must get in and do' feeling, so have finally found something to dig my teeth into.

This is a big diversification for me, I have mainly concentrated Graeme Ross charts, birds, horses, the odd flower. These are big detailed charts.

So my BoInk is being done on white 22 count Hardanger, I rarely stitch below 16 count, and like to do most things on 18 count. 

I have used DMC, stood for nearly an hour in front of the DMC stand, pulling thread off putting them back. I did not want to use really bright colours wanted to go bit more calmer. 

So the final decision Yellow 3822; Black 3799 [Dk Grey]; Red 3354 [Pink]; Violet 3041; Green 3348; Orange 3827; Lt Blue 3841 and Med Blue 3755.

Week One Progress


Up Close Detail


Monday, March 16, 2009

Pre-St Patrick's Day Resolution

I want to start using my blog more, so I've decided to make a pre-St Pat's Day resolution.

"I will post once a week" or may the Leprechaun's take away all my rainbows.

So to that end I've decided to first fix up where I last posted in 2007, with my Ross Originals - Appaloosa, I did finish him in 2007.

Appaloosa is stitched on 18 count Aida, two strands, he was done as a companion piece to Ross Originals - Palomino

Palomino is stitched on 16 count Aida, two strands, he was completed in 2001.

My plan is to get them both framed and put over my bed, I have a narrow piece to put in between them. A grouping of Hungarian Vizsla's, the top is on the stack (show ring) he is a Stephanie Seabrook Hedgepath design; the next one is tracking (he was originally in harness) the middle hunting-retrieving a duck. I was given the tracking and hunting Vizsla designs by a fellow breeder I have no idea who designed them. I played with the colours a little, they were a little too 'American' for me, Australian Vizsla's are usually a little lighter.

Vizsla 22 count Hardanger, 2 strands... yep that's right 22