Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BoInk Week One


Wow two days in a row, but this will be a one off... Happy St Patrick's Day

OK blogging, I have started Tracy's Ink Circles BoInk, which was a SAL for last year, with the last part released in Feb 2009. So having only picked up a needle and thread on and off for the last 18 months nothing big, just little projects, with no real 'must get in and do' feeling, so have finally found something to dig my teeth into.

This is a big diversification for me, I have mainly concentrated Graeme Ross charts, birds, horses, the odd flower. These are big detailed charts.

So my BoInk is being done on white 22 count Hardanger, I rarely stitch below 16 count, and like to do most things on 18 count. 

I have used DMC, stood for nearly an hour in front of the DMC stand, pulling thread off putting them back. I did not want to use really bright colours wanted to go bit more calmer. 

So the final decision Yellow 3822; Black 3799 [Dk Grey]; Red 3354 [Pink]; Violet 3041; Green 3348; Orange 3827; Lt Blue 3841 and Med Blue 3755.

Week One Progress

Closer

Up Close Detail

 

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the colours you have chosen for you Bolnk, very restful.
Look forward to seeing it grow.

Libbie said...

Thanks Maggie, I like do like bright colours, but it didn't feel right. Restful is a great way of putting it.